PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: PeopleSoft, Visualized – Getting the Big Picture with Pivot Grids, Analytics, and Kibana (May 2020)
PeopleSoft has some powerful tools available that can give you the big picture, letting you focus your attention where it is most needed.
This video demonstrates a pivot grid-based tool that helps us see what’s happening across thousands of PeopleSoft transactions including eForms. Related Actions let us drill into the transactions themselves, send emails to participants, and leverage administrative tools, all conditioned on user security.
We also discuss other visualization tools available in PeopleSoft, including Simplified Analytics, Fluid Dashboards, Oracle JET, and Kibana.
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Including External Participants in PeopleSoft Workflow (April 2020)
If you’re like other institutions, you have business processes that involve participants that don’t typically have PeopleSoft access. Whether it’s parents approving financial aid documents, vendors applying to do business, or new employees filling out pre-hire onboarding forms…all of these can benefit from having access to certain PeopleSoft pages and applications. You want to include them in the process, but how do you grant them appropriate access effectively, efficiently, and securely?
We’ll demonstrate an approach with the following components:
- Token-based authentication of external participants
- Self-provisioned external accounts and electronic signatures
- Public-facing PeopleSoft portal that isolates and protects secure content
- PS-based eForms that route workflow to and gather signatures from internal and external participants
- Row-level view security for external participants
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Getting the Most Out of Page and Field Configurator
PeopleSoft’s Page & Field Configurator can provide a great alternative to custom development. Before you dive in, though, it’s good to do your homework.
Join us as we walk through a real-world business case that used the tool extensively to simplify the user experience for a very complex component, adjusting the behavior of over 100 fields. We’ll show you how we used the tool, what we learned, and a “before and after” comparison of the user experience including examples of:
- Hiding unused tabs
- Hiding unused fields
- Adding field requirements
- Making certain fields display only
- Adding defaulted values
- Enabling alternative displays based on user role
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Effectively Scoping Electronic Forms Projects
Creating custom forms in PeopleSoft can deliver a whole lot of goodness – more online self-service options, happier users, greater process efficiency – but it also requires some careful planning. How do you effectively gauge the amount of effort? Where does “config” stop and “custom development” begin? Trying to get a handle on the scope of a custom electronic forms project can be a bit like opening Pandora’s Box.
We’ll demonstrate examples of different custom electronic forms that display a range of requirements and complexity, and help you understand what aspects ratcheted up the “difficulty meter”. We’ll discuss how to assess the complexity of your automation project and strategies for automating common form requirements using delivered tools as well as PeopleSoft bolt-ons like GT eForms. Face your next project like a pro!
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Overcoming PS 9.2 Fluid OnBoarding Obstacles - Yes, 9.2 Fluid OnBoarding CAN Work for You!
PeopleSoft’s delivered 9.2 Fluid OnBoarding offers a compelling, accessible onboarding experience for new employees. There are some hurdles, though, that can make delivered Onboarding an impractical solution. These include: • The Continuity Problem: The decision to hire starts in your Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and there is lots of usable data there. How do you transition from ATS to Onboarding to Hire without manual steps and data re-entry?
- The Chicken and Egg Problem: The candidate needs an EmplId and a UserId to use Onboarding. To prevent duplicate IDs, you need to gather their birthdate and SSN to see if they already have IDs. You want to gather birthdate and SSN using Onboarding, but they can’t access Onboarding without an Emplid and a UserID…
- The Cart Before the Horse Problem: You want the candidate to start Onboarding before their first day of work, especially Section 1 of the I-9, but they can’t access Onboarding until they are hired in Job Data.
- The “We Do Things Differently Here” Problem: The delivered Onboarding steps are nice, but you have your own requirements peculiar to your organization that aren’t covered by what is delivered.
- The No Man Is an Island Problem: You need administrators to manage onboarding, push it to completion, and approve certain transactions, but the delivered system has very limited management and workflow tools.
- The First Impressions Problem: You want the onboarding experience to be a great introduction to your organization, but delivered onboarding is hard to brand.
The good news is that all these hurdles can be, well, hurdled! We’ll present solutions for each of these problems, painting a realistic picture of how delivered 9.2 Fluid Onboarding can work for you
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Custom Compliance Solutions for PS - MN's Wage Theft Statement
Gideon Taylor and Hennepin County discuss and demonstrate the County’s new automated Wage Theft Statement eForm, a comprehensive, PeopleSoft-based solution designed to meet the requirements of Minnesota’s new Wage Theft law.
Created with GT eForms for PeopleSoft, the Wage Theft eForm leverages workflow-enabled acknowledgements, printable BI Publisher reports, and auto-generated forms and emails triggered by personnel actions. Beyond generating the initial wage theft statement when an employee is hired, any time a ‘qualifying event’ occurs, the employee is automatically sent a link to view, acknowledge, and print an updated wage theft statement. All of this is tracked within PeopleSoft as part of the employee’s personnel record.
Faced with new compliance regulations or custom automation requirements? Check out Oracle-certified GT eForms for PeopleSoft.
PeopleSoft Master Series Webinar: Drop Zones and Other Special Forces Tactics to Go Vanilla!
Oracle keeps delivering great new tools to help PeopleSoft clients “de-modify” their systems. The newest is Drop Zones, delivered in PeopleTools 8.57. This video provides a step-by-step walkthrough of how to implement Drop Zones, as well as two other “go vanilla” tools – Page and Field Configurator and Event Mapping.
The second half of the video focuses on “go vanilla” strategy. When does it make sense to use each of these tools? Is there still a “right time” for custom development? How do you implement a successful “bolt-on” strategy that minimizes upgrade impact, but still expands system value and targets unique requirements?
Get the vision and the tools to implement Oracle’s best practices strategy to de-modify. Vanilla really is the best PeopleSoft flavor!